Social Security Disability: What People with Lupus Need to Know
Join the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation for a webinar with
Daniel Berger Attorney at Law
Thursday, March 27, 2014
12:00 pm to 1:00 pm (EDT)
Is Social Security Disability an option for me, my friend, my relatives, or my patient? Daniel Berger will describe what Administrative Law Judges, who decide cases for the Social Security Administration, look for when evaluating claims. He will discuss how the diagnosis of Lupus is considered.
After participating in this webinar you will learn:
- If you qualify for SSI or SSD
- If you should apply
- How to help someone qualify
- When it is wise to have legal representation
- You are able to work part time and collect SSD
- What to expect at a disability hearing
- How does an Administrative Law Judge (ALJ) review physician forms
- The type of health care coverage available for SSI or SSD
Daniel Berger graduated from the New York University Law School in 1992, and has successfully represented thousands of Social Security Disability claimants helping them get their benefits since 1997. For the past 16 years, he has focused his practice on representing the disabled before the Social Security Administration, in administrative hearings and in Federal Court. He is a member of the New York State Bar Association, and admitted to the New York and New Jersey Bars.