May is declared Lupus Awareness Month in New York City by Mayor Michael R. Bloomberg!
The S.L.E. Lupus Foundation thanks Mayor Michael Bloomberg for helping call attention to lupus as a health issue for New Yorkers. He has issued a Proclamation declaring May Lupus Awareness Month in New York City.
Other activities to raise awareness of the disease include:
- Get Into the Loop — Attend the 2013 NYC Hospital Tour to learn from lupus experts
- Join upcoming Facebook chat led by healthcare professionals from the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation and New York’s Hospital for Special Surgery — follow us on Facebook for details
- Wear orange on May 10, World Lupus Awareness Day
- Participate in the Flash Mob
- Wear the S.L.E. Lupus Foundation’s loop as a wristband or a necklace