NYC Hospital Tour 2010
Our annual patient education series just completed its round of the boroughs, reaching over 300 New Yorkers with lupus. View the captivating video that shows the camaraderie and learning that took place! Also view the presentations on such topics as heart health and healthy living.
Reaching Deep Into Every Borough
Touching 300+ New Yorkers with Lupus
Our annual patient education tour just rounded the boroughs
See this new video that captures the energy, camaraderie, and learning that took place!
Participants heard from experts in the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Queens
- practical tools, tips, and strategies to stay as healthy as possible
- camaraderie and support
- reasons to be hopeful for a life without lupus
See what the experts said about
- caring for your eyes at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens
- attending to kidney health at Staten Island University Hospital
- dental issues at Brooklyn Hospital Center
- keeping the heart healthy at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx
- maintaining a healthy lifestyle at Manhattan’s Lenox Hill Hospital.
Ninety minutes each on weekday evenings along with dinner and discussion! As always, friends and family were welcomed.
S.L.E. Lupus Foundation Director of Social Services, Jessica Rowshandel, MSW, reported that a participant called after the Tour to say:
When I was at the Staten Island Hospital Tour [on Kidney Health], I realized I had some of the symptoms of kidney damage—and asked my doctor to run some tests. Turns out I have stage 1 kidney damage. I am grateful to know about it, and relieved that it is still just mild!
Were you there or at one of the other stops? Let us know what you thought—and even what you’d like to learn about on next year’s tour! Post a comment to our wall at Facebook.com/LupusNY or tweet @LupusNY.