Reaching Deep In To Every Borough
Touching 300+ New Yorkers with Lupus
Our annual patient education tour just rounded the boroughs!
Watch the video here
from experts in the Bronx, Manhattan, Staten Island, Brooklyn, and Queens
- practical tools, tips, and strategies to stay as healthy as possible
- camaraderie and support
- reasons to be hopeful for a life without lupus
Lupus topics ranged from
- caring for your eyes at Jamaica Hospital Medical Center in Queens.
- attending to kidney health at Staten Island University Hospital.
- dental issues at Brooklyn Hospital Center.
- keeping the heart healthy at Montefiore Medical Center in the Bronx.
- to maintaining a healthy lifestyle at Manhattan’s Lenox Hill Hospital. See what was said here.
Ninety minutes each on weekday evenings along with dinner and discussion! As always, friends and family were welcomed.
S.L.E. Lupus Foundation Director of Social Services, Jessica Rowshandel, MSW, reported that a participant called after the Tour to say:
When I was at the Staten Island Hospital Tour, I realized I had some of the symptoms of kidney damage—and asked my doctor to run some tests. Turns out I have stage 1 kidney damage. I am grateful to know about it, and relieved that it is still just mild!
Were you there or at one of the other stops? Let us know what you thought—and even what you’d like to learn about on next year’s tour! Post a comment to our wall at Facebook.com/LupusNY or tweet @LupusNY.
Details on each Hospital Tour presentation coming soon to LupusNY.org!
Cheer on our team this Sunday in the
They've raised more than $110,000 so far for lupus research— show them your appreciation!
Choose from 3 cheering locations along the route:
Fort Greene, Brooklyn
(Mile 8): 10am - 12pm
(Mile 21.5): 12:30pm – 2pm
Upper East Side, Manhattan
(Mile 23.5): 1pm - 2:30pm
Make your own fan poster to show your support!