Seeking enthusiastic Communications Intern with a desire to gain public relations and marketing skills while helping people in need through a non-profit patient organization. Under the supervision of the Director of Communications and the Director of New Media, the Communications Intern provides assistance in writing, media outreach, and general communications tasks as well as some program execution or direct patient involvement as needed. This will be a six month commitment.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Compiling and maintaining a comprehensive media list for various markets in the NY metropolitan area
- Seeking out and collecting news stories about the SLE Lupus Foundation and LRI
- Proofreading and scheduling press releases for dissemination; follow up with relevant local media
- Providing website support if needed, which can include updating content, publishing news stories and other tasks as needed
- Maintaining and administrating social networking site
- Providing administrative, graphics, and production support for marketing materials
- Searching for online articles and content containing information related to the SLE Lupus Foundation and LRI missions
- Collaborating with staff on creative new directions and venues for marketing and communications
- Assisting with outreach or information distribution to individuals participating in the NYC Marathon/Half Marathon on behalf of SLE Lupus Foundation
- Assisting with other event-related details as needed
- Helping maintain and promote patient support group schedule for Winter/Spring 2012
Additional qualifications for this position:
- Strong writing and general communication skills, media outreach experience a plus
- Team player with attention to detail
- Excellent computer skills, including working knowledge of social media
- Experience in Adobe Creative Suite a plus
Please submit resumes to: email@example.com
There are no other openings at this time.
If you would like to submit your resume for future consideration, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.